Forensic Ballistics Reviewer 9
1. The curve taken by the bullet while in flight is called
A. rifling curves
B. effective range
D. maximum distance
2. A mechanism in a revolver that connects pivot between the frame
A. trigger spring
B. trigger guard
3. Proof Marks - It is the examination and testing of firearms by a
recognized authority according to certain rules and stamped with
a mark to indicate that they are safe for sale and used by the
A. Provisional Proof
B. Proof Marks
C. Skid Marks
D. Slippage Marks
4. Among the following, which is a long smooth bored firearm that
is designed to prepare a single shot?
5. It is the soft guiding metal which serves as the container of
priming mixture, paper disc and anvil.
A. Primer cup
B. Primer mixture
C. Paper disc
D. Battery cup
6. An automatic weapon that can fire from 400 to 1,600 rounds of
ammunition each minute.
C. Machine gun
7. Historians considered that the age of gunpowder began with its
first use as a propellant for a projectile on
8. One from Hartford, Connecticut, who produced the first practical
revolver and became famous for its .45 caliber.
A. Samuel Colt
B. Carl Walther
C. Oliver Winchester
D. John C. Garand
9. It includes rocket launchers and such mounted guns as howitzers,
mortars, antiaircraft guns, and naval guns.
10. That part of the handgun designed in a metal tube through which
the bullet is fired.
Answers: Forensic Ballistics Reviewer 9