Heinous Crimes Act Of 1993
R.A. No 7659
The Crimes Punishable by death are:
2. Qualified Piracy
3. Qualified Bribery
6. Infanticide - however,if any crime penalized in this article be
committed by the mother of the child for the purpose of
concealing her dishonor, she shall suffer the penalty of prision
mayor in its medium and maximum periods, and if said crime be
committed for the same purpose by the maternal grandparents or
either of them, the penalty shall be reclusion temporal.
7. Kidnapping and Serious Illegal Detention
8. Robbery - when by reason or on occasion of the robbery, the crime
of homicide shall have been committed, or when the robbery shall
have been accompanied by rape or intentional mutilation or arson.
9. Destructive Arson
10.Rape - a. committed with the use of deadly weapon or by two or
b. when by reason or on the occasion of the rape, the
victim has become insane.
c. when the rape is attempted or frustrated and a
homicide is committed by reason or on the occasion
12.Violations of Dangerous Act
General rule: the death penalty shall be imposed in all cases upon
which it must be imposed under existing laws.
Exceptions: in which cases the penalty shall be reduced to reclusion
1. When the guilty person is below 18 years of age at the time of the
commission of the crime.
2. When the guilty person is over 70 years
R.A. 8294: Next Page